Channel your inner Italian side with this simple, six-ingredient recipe.
- 1 Molly’s Gluten-Free Bakery Rustic Loaf Bread Bowl
remove top of bread and inside bread to create a bowl.
- 1-2 Molly’s Gluten-Free Bakery Long French Baguette, cut into 1/2-inch slices.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 (10-oz) box frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained).
Tip: squeeze excess liquid out using cheesecloth or multiple layers of paper towel.
- 1 (8-oz) can water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese (strain excess liquid)
- 1 (single) serving plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat and sauté onion, stirring frequently until it’s nicely browned, about 15 minutes. Add garlic right at the end and sauté, stirring for another minute before turning off heat.
Meanwhile, add mayo, cottage cheese, and yogurt to food processor and blend until smooth. Add slightly cooled onion mixture and spinach. Mix until nearly smooth. Scrape dip into a bowl, stir in water chestnuts, then season to taste with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
Scoop dip into hollowed bread bowl and serve with the bread innards, as well as the baguette slices. For an even more festive spin, garnish with rosemary sprigs and halved cherry tomatoes.